Friday, July 6, 2012

Floatin' Down the Weber River

Some friends and I decided it would be fun to float down the Weber River this past week. We had a blast and some funny, crazy moments as well. Hopefully next time we can go with a guide so that I can tackle that second rapid location with a little bit more grace, ha ha! Here's some pics from the trip!

We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into... smiles all around!

The tubes we started our trip up the canyon with...

The tubes we ended our trip up to Henefer with, ha ha!

We had to head back down to Morgan to rent some more tubes for everyone!

Finally everyone had a tube and we were ready to head down the Weber!

Heading around the first bend and we're all still smiling.

Thumbs up!

Happy for my shoes because I literally got rocked on the second rapids location and ended up having to ski across the river bottom, while holding onto my tube, before the river slowed down enough for me to hop back on. I got nailed by a couple of rocks before I started "skiing" though... ouch! 

Such a fun, beautiful and scenic experience.

 Making a train with my gals!

We rescued "Motor Boat" who got stuck in the last rapid and paddled over to the tube and tried to climb on... what a cutie!

The rope swing at the very end was a blast!!

Next time I'm wearing a rash guard. I tore up my arms pretty badly!!

It was such a beautiful day to get out on the river and enjoy nature. I'm excited to get out and do it again!!

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment